The Primary School Programme builds on the experiences of Pre-primary level. At this stage, children's exploratory nature and quest for knowledge is on the rise, and they are motivated by the love of learning that they have assimilated. The emphasis is on the learning and understanding of concepts through an engaging and relevant curriculum. The various activities designed for children enable them to explore their environment and learn by doing.
Highlights of Primary School Programme
- Children are encouraged to develop good study habits.
- Learning process in the early stages of the Primary School makes use of recreational resources and activity driven approaches like project-based learning, models, charts, visuals, multimedia, field trips etc., to strengthen students' knowledge base and skill-set.
- Children are encouraged to read story books, newspapers and magazines with an emphasis on activity-centred learning through a structured reading programme, individually as well as in groups.
- At this stage the emphasis is on experiential learning through experimentation, observation, analysis, drawing inferences, and discovery, to develop scientific temper.
- Primary mathematical concepts are developed, focusing on numeracy skills and reasoning ability.
- Special emphasis is given on acquiring language skills through active reading and listening programmes, and development of creative and artistic expression.
- Children are exposed to new realms of knowledge, new places and learning experiences through educational excursions and field trips.
- Children are introduced to new learning experiences and challenges through graded exercises, work sheets, group learning and assignments.
- Primary School curriculum places special emphasis on teaching children computer skills.
- Children are provided opportunities to learn music, dance, drama, painting, etc. to nurture multiple intelligences.
- Children's creative talent is nurtured through participation in a variety of co-curricular activities and events.
- The importance of service to community is instilled in children by developing in them the value of empathy and the spirit of sharing.
- Regular sessions are conducted for inculcating life skills and values in children.